easternpoland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rescue Monuments

+5
openworld
neann
itio
ghana
flowergirls
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rescue Monuments Empty rescue Monuments

Post by flowergirls Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:17 pm

The issue of saving the decaying monuments is always in my heart Smile
As an architect, always near my vision was the ability to rebuild and restore the former glory historic buildings, most old dworkom and palaces along with the surrounding historic parks. But over the years, when I look at is not always successful productions such ideas, knowing the lack of education of designers who are up for it, and above all take endless whims of customers, I'm starting to wonder if many of them would not have been a better way to rescue just only protect and clean up what is ... available to explore, describe (eg, in a place like this page), people's interest? In the end, once even specially built so romantic ruins, such as Arcadia.

flowergirls

Back to top Go down

rescue Monuments Empty Re: rescue Monuments

Post by ghana Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Even more concerned forgotten, hidden cemeteries - if it's a "fix", probably lose half its charm.

ghana

Back to top Go down

Post by itio Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Grieves me very lack of attention to historic buildings or intentional destruction. When you look at the same Warsaw and surroundings, examples can be multiplied - villas in Konstancin - including the beautiful Art Nouveau - break up or be torn down by developers, a few days ago there was a debate about the eighteenth-century church in the Tartars, which is decaying, and that the pastor wants to demolish and replace with new, more. Warsaw - partially destroyed pre-war roundhouse, policy senseless ws. Prague houses, incomprehensible "improvements" old villa. Well, I'm waiting for the effect of the work of my favorite monument, or the Civil hall at Koszykowa ...

itio

Back to top Go down

Post by neann Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Oh, it's on the river. While the same "care" is a problem usually only costs (unfortunately, is expensive ...) is the intentional destruction or deliberate neglect of a deeper purpose. If allowed to disintegrate archaeological enough, you can count on it that will be removed from the register of monuments. And then l no longer have to Aug. watch on anyone and without being hindered by the conservator to tear down, rebuild and operate according to their own whims. And this saving is unfortunately little in common, mostly arise if such monsters that the injury talk

neann

Back to top Go down

Post by openworld Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:22 pm

about the river - it is true, with many tributaries. That roundhouse comes from 1865, began to demolish it in front of the provincial conservator and protesters! Although the process of entering in the register of monuments continue. It's terrible, because half of the building was turned to rubble. Example, that you should not delay decisions on entry, because the object stays put: (Anyway, this is just one of Warsaw's cases. Coming back to the main topic, which is saving - that's right, that sometimes ingenuity "creators" surprising and completely lose monuments historical values​​.

openworld

Back to top Go down

Post by powertip Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:23 pm

It's true. It reminds me of my trip to Sokólszczyźnie and rustic windmills - Sokólskie. That's a pretty specific design differs from other such koźlaków or Dutch. Windmills sokólskich remained only a few. All in Poland. In one of them I even had a chance to sleep. Host przystaweił ladder, and then he took her, and we spent the whole night like a crow's nest. Morning told me that he had had enough of the windmill and intends to dismantle. As he called it in before they realize that it is not he's probably going to die ... I began to wonder, what is the rescue of such monuments. Somewhere in the west in the windmill would be a luxury restaurant, and underneath parking for 200 cars. Void ... lose all its charm. But let it spill into imentu ... too bad.

powertip

Back to top Go down

Post by tastysnack Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Accommodation at the windmill envy. It is a pity that we are not like the Dutch ... (I'll add that in a country of tulips at no never met parking lot)

tastysnack

Back to top Go down

Post by yxert Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Our "documentation" of monuments certainly come in handy someday. Personally, with particular attention to treat wood construction. Wooden church or church today is, and tomorrow is only a pile of ash. / In the best case to the reserve that is soulless museum ground such that Siaki / This senseless progress at the end of Poland's turn wood on concrete.

yxert

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirls Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 pm

I have to admit that, especially you can see it in your pictures :-). Subscribe to this in its entirety. His time gave up the second field of study (ethnographic coincidentally), because I was afraid that by the time I finish it (and stop to study the differences in dress Łowiczanki and Kurpsianki) all wooden work sztyki to fall down or burn. Churches and Orthodox churches still somehow have, but wooden bypass, windmills, water mills go away forever into oblivion ...

flowergirls

Back to top Go down

Post by ghana Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

In particular, little has been such structures in nature. Open-air museums as storehouses for posterity are not, in my opinion ducha.Obiekt which is part of its original landscape, linked to his role with the locals is a fully interesting.

ghana

Back to top Go down

Post by itio Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

It is a pity that after years of looking for it all at once threw in the trash because of the lack of attics. Similarly, it is now with the old, crumbling wooden houses, watermills, windmills, stables .... / its a shame the way ethnology! /

itio

Back to top Go down

Post by kilos Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:25 pm

I agree with this and that is why I am glad that you can still sometimes find such sights in the original their site. They are usually in worse condition than those living museums, but it is quite another. As I recently visited Swołowo.

kilos

Back to top Go down

Post by neann Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Especially monuments of wooden architecture, these daily houses, barns ..... are historically undervalued. : Showing interest in even our, photo, gives owners to think - or maybe they have something of value about what you should care, because it may have something to give to make money.
Any way it is good to save our Polish landscape.

neann

Back to top Go down

Post by powertip Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 pm

There are legal possibilities of protection building to its original position, another thing how effective. Municipalities can create so-called. cultural parks. Conservator for its part can be entered into the list of monuments not only single objects, but also cultural landscapes.

powertip

Back to top Go down

Post by powertip Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 pm

Such an intention expressed recently in relation to a near Warsaw, Otwock, where preserved (mostly in a terrible state) wooden buildings and modernist spa installation of two city-gardens. And what? Residents protested. It is not convenient for them, they will have to meet any requirements therein conservator, ie for example, if you replace the window, it wood, not the plastic. It is better to burn clogs, cut pine, and plots to sell in supermarkets and petrol stations. Authorities also are opposed. They say that there is nothing to protect.

powertip

Back to top Go down

Post by tastysnack Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Helplessness man overwhelmed. Sorry, that spoke so constructively.

tastysnack

Back to top Go down

Post by yxert Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm

A great example of such a place outgoing forgotten for me Swislocz Valley (located on the outskirts of Knyszyńska Forest) and the village, as Mostowlany, Kruszyniany, Svislach, Zaleszany, Losini ... The entire Valley runs one way only - gravel, shop - just traveling, buildings (including fences) - only wood. A few years ago the valley was teeming życziem, although life strongly tilted toward the ground. I went there two years ago and was stunned - half of the houses was already empty. How different picture of the valley took away from its first exploration of ...

yxert

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirls Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Very true. I liked the words read out in "Poland exotic" Gregory Rąkowski 's book about windmills sokólskich. He wrote about the uniqueness of these structures. After all structures similar to the Wawel Castle is in Europe a few, but windmills sokólskich is only nine (if my memory does not fail me) and all in Poland! In fact, it is precisely these windmills, due to its uniqueness, should constitute the strength of the Polish landscape.

flowergirls

Back to top Go down

Post by ghana Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Who in Poland draws attention to such monuments such as the wooden churches in Boguszyce, Haczów, Debno whether Binarowa. Europe is and has been a stone, and Poland was wooden. This beautiful feature of our parochial dies, and we are chasing for centuries European model!

ghana

Back to top Go down

Post by itio Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Nooo ... not really. After all, "we wrote it myself" on UNESCO World Heritage list (without Boguszyce of course). And that means something. Do not change the proportion that entered churches is 6, and worthy of honor at niemiara. Even I do not want to replace those that thus necessarily deserve to be called.

itio

Back to top Go down

Post by kilos Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Boguszyce are also included.

kilos

Back to top Go down

Post by neann Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:31 pm

In Poland, a UNESCO World Heritage Site inscribed wooden churches are as follows: Binarowa, Blizne, Debno Podhalańskie, Haczów, Lipnica Lower, Sękowa. Besides, two more wooden churches called evangelical. peace churches: in Swidnica and Jawor. Boguszyce are considered the most valuable monument of wooden sacral Mazovia, but a UNESCO World Heritage has not yet hit, but of course they should.

neann

Back to top Go down

Post by ghana Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:32 pm

I visited today two Żuławy village - Zulawki and Drewnica, where the monuments are really alive (though not all, one arcaded house to watch and photograph before collapsing I could not ...). Although sometimes have plastic windows instead of wood, and on the facades teeming with wires and antennas - but it's still in my opinion more true than

ghana

Back to top Go down

Post by tastysnack Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Sorry. We have a huge number of monuments, and no one really puts hand to rescue them, what cries out to heaven for vengeance. Most of the decaying mansions and other historic but building to threaten destruction if one is not to take care of them. Examples might be: Modlin fortress, which still no takers or beautiful castle in wrath, put up for sale. However, there are examples of successful experiments. Castle Korzkiew has been beautifully restored and now houses a hotel. A similar fate befell the castle ruins Tropsztyn in Wytrzyszczce. Of course, I would rather that these buildings were rebuilt with state money and were freely available. But let us not delude himself. Fund for the renovation of the vast majority has not been and will not be for a long time. Let's hope that most of the monuments, however, manage to save, and we enjoy them away for a long time.

tastysnack

Back to top Go down

Post by yxert Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 pm

And to me at this point in the history of the castle raises Bobolicach on the Krakow-Czestochowa Jura. They were a picturesque ruins, so beautifully combining with the surrounding rocks and the nearby castle in Mirow. And finally went into private hands and is rebuilt. Quite freely, because no reliable plans strongholds have not been preserved. It looks quite vaguely. Ni is a castle than a luxury hotel. Next arises inn. Well ... I more enjoyed the ruins and I regret that I have not even their pictures.

yxert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum